Some books to start:
- Payments Systems in the US: A Guide for the Payments Professional, by Carol Coye Benson and Scott Loftesness (Author | Amazon | Kindle)
- Anatomy of the Swipe, by Ahmed Siddiqui (Author | Amazon | Kindle)
- Fintech, Small Business & the American Dream: How Technology Is Transforming Lending and Shaping a New Era of Small Business Opportunity, by Karen Mills (Author | Amazon | Kindle)
It’s hard to keep track of everything happening in Fintech. But if you can handle it, these thirteen (13?!) newsletters will do a great job of keeping in you in the know.
Not specifically fintech and much more heavily focused on general finance but we should all be reading https://www.bloomberg.com/account/newsletters/money-stuff.
Slacks and other communities
Both Lenny’s Slack and Rands Leadership Slack (listed on my main resources page) have active channels for fintech. In addition:
- TWIF Finnovation is an active, lively, fintech-focused slack community (email me if you need an invite)
- Lenny Rachitsky’s Slack: check out #talk-fintech when you join
- Rand’s Leadership Slack: check out #fintech
😅 I provide coaching and support to founders and solo PMs. You can grab time with me!